Welcome to another episode of the Roseland Podcast
I’m Chloe, your host, and this week on the podcast we’ve got :
- An interview with Ivor Bowditch all about China Clay
- Another recipe from Tregony’s Jenny Deal for Croustade
If this is the first episode you’re listening to you can find and listen to the podcast at Roselandpodcast.com, on iTunes/Apple Podcast, on Spotify and all other podcast apps.
At Roselandpodcast.com you’ll also find links to any resources we mention.
It’s always nice to get a popular Roseland character on the show - and this week we’ve got Ivor Bowditch...
If you’d like to know more about what went over the years at ECC and Imerys then check out another interview Ivor did with artist Richard Wentworth on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJb01MdAWo OR just search “China Clay Memoirs” on Google or YouTube and you’ll find it.
It’s Jenny Deal from Tregony again this week - with a great recipe if you’ve run out of flour.
And if you have run out of flour Da Bara are delivering and you can order via their website. https://dabara.co.uk/
- 125 gr. Soft breadcrumbs
- 125 gr. Ground almonds or other ground nuts
- 50 gr. Butter melted
- 125 gr. Flaked almonds, pine nuts or chopped hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dried mixed herbs
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- Mix these together and form into a pastry type consistency
- press down into a shallow dish to form a case.
- Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- When cooked this can be filled with mushrooms in a white sauce, or leeks or really use any leftover veg.
- Pop into the oven to heat through for 10 minutes
If you have a recipe you’d like to share please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read it yourself OR we can read it out for you.
Lindsey and I are on the lookout for more people to interview - so if you’d like to come on the show and talk about your group, your hobbies, your job, tips you’ve got for coping with lockdown - we’re interested.
The first step is to drop us an email to email@example.com with your ideas and any questions you’ve got.
Everything is recorded in advance - so we can edit lots!
You don’t even have to be willing to come on the show - if you have a recipe for a great drink, or meal, or a great tip please just email it in and we can read it out for you.
I hope this will help us all feel a little less alone, and connected to our wonderful community.
If you want to make sure you hear the rest of the shows then bookmark roselandpodcast.com, and look for us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or your usual podcast app and subscribe.
Be kind and stay safe.