Welcome to episode 6 of the Roseland Podcast
I’m Chloe, your host, and this week on the podcast we’ve got :
- An interview with Roger Boyle all about the marvellous work the St Mawes Sailing Club do in teaching people how to sail
- A great recipe for “Lockdown Pudding” from Tregony’s Jenny Deal
- And details of some local happenings you may want to get involved with
If this is the first episode you’re listening to you can find and listen to the podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcast, on Spotify and all other podcast apps.
VE Day 75th Anniversary
The 8th May is the 75th Anniversary of VE Day, last week I mentioned that Lindsey and I thought we’d try create an episode all about VE Day.
WOW! We’ve had an amazing response to our call for VE Day content - and will have a bumper VE Day episode for you on the 9th May. I’ve already recorded some of the interviews and it’s really interesting - I think you’re going to enjoy it.
Thank you to everyone who’s been in contact with ideas.
After several weeks now at home I imagine even those of us who love pottering around the kitchen might be running out inspiration - so we’re going to be bringing you some simple, tasty recipe ideas on the show.
Our first is from Jenny Deal from Tregony and it’s her own recipe for “Lockdown Pudding”
Lock down pudding - for 2 people
- Leftover cake (fruit cake with marzipan and icing if you have it) or any stale cake.
- Break into pieces and put in a bowl.
- Soak with brandy/rum or orange juice for non alcoholic version.
- Beat an egg with some vanilla extract and cream if you have it (about 1⁄2 pint) or milk if you haven’t got cream.
- If using plain cake add some dried fruit to soaking cake.
- Add chocolate chips or broken up chocolate.
- Pour egg mix over the soaking cake and stir.
- Put into a dish and cook in oven in a bain marie (roasting tin filled to about 2 cm depth with
- water) for about 25 to 30 mins.
- At 160 fan. Serve with ice cream, custard or yoghurt.
That sounds so tasty I’m almost tempted to make a cake in order to give it a go!!
If you have a recipe you’d like to share please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read it yourself OR we can read it out for you.
From Sat 25th April there’s going to be a plant sale happening in St Mawes - you’ll find it at the entrance to Ar Dowr on Trelawyney Road. There are no set prices - just donate what you feel would be right.
So do drop by during your daily exercise - and feel free to donate some plants to be sold too! Just drop them off by the table.
All proceeds will be going to the RSPG Hardship Fund.
Veryan’s Calendra Collective, are getting together to supply bunches of flowers to local people in Veryan (including the elderly, essential NHS and care workers etc) who may need a bit of cheering up or saying thanks to.
If you know of anyone in Veryan who may like some flowers delivering to brighten their day or who deserves a thank you, contact Bob Field the RSPG Roseland Together coordinator for Veryan.
In episode 4 we got on the water with Millie Edwards and the Roseland Gig Club, this week we’re getting on the water with Roger Boyle and the St Mawes Sailing Club.
So, if you’ve always looked longingly at the sailing boats around the Roseland, but never got around to giving it a go - head down to St Mawes Sailing Club once the lockdown lifts and fulfil those sailing dreams!
Lindsey and I are always on the hunt for more people to interview - so if you’d like to come on the show and talk about your group, your hobbies, your job, tips you’ve got for coping with lockdown - we’re interested.
The first step is to drop us an email to email@example.com with your ideas and any questions you’ve got.
Everything is recorded in advance - so we can edit lots!
You don’t even have to be willing to come on the show - if you have a recipe for a great drink, or meal, or a great tip please just email it in and we can read it out for you.
I hope this will help us all feel a little less alone, and connected to our wonderful community.
If you want to make sure you hear the rest of the shows then bookmark roselandpodcast.com, and look for us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or your usual podcast app and subscribe.
Be kind and stay safe.